Monday, October 13, 2008

Not Forgetting Graham

I feel like I'm leaving Graham out of the updates! He hasn't had anything 'big' going on lately, but he definitely deserves an update. He opted out of baseball this season and has been concentrating on his piano lessons. He recently signed-up for the Chess Club at school and begins playing later this week. He is also about to start basketball for the very first time--he is very excited about playing. I think he is most excited about the fact that Kip will be coaching him--he hasn't had dad for a coach in a few years! In his spare time, Graham is having a blast building multiple forts here at The Cleft with all of the Warbington and Jenkins boys.

On a sweeter note . . . Graham has also been my 'running buddy' on Saturday mornings. On our first run we decided that we would pray for our family during the short walking breathers we take to catch our breath. We ran our first mile or so and slowed down; I saw Graham bow his head to pray with me. I tried to explain to him that he didn't have to close his eyes, that we were running on a main road and that God would understand. However, he insisted, grabbing my hand to guide him while he closed his eyes and we prayed. What a precious time with my son, holding hands and praying over our family and the events of the day . . . Ethan's game, wisdom and endurance for Kip and Ethan to do their best, safety for our family, etc. These are the moments I will treasure forever!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Oh my goodness. That is so sweet!

DeAnna said...

Wow! How precious that time will be in years to come. You have a special young man there!