Tuesday, September 4, 2007

New House News

This is the image I came across at the end of the boys' workday at the new house this weekend. The boys had given up on fishing and scampered off into the woods with their future neighbors Wesley & Will--being the overbearing parent that I am, I went to check on them after a few minutes. I had to resist my protective urge to yank them out of the tree, lol--do you SEE how high they are? After catching my breath, I noticed their topic of conversation--Wesley was telling the other boys the story of the Tar Baby. They were laughing and giggling and discussing what happened in the story--how incredible is that! With so many electronic and visual activities vying for their attention, it is refreshing to see them enjoying nature and literature!

Now--when I later asked how the Tar Baby topic came about--I was told that they were all comparing WHAT they would fall on if they fell out of the tree. Apparently, two of them would hit the ladder and the other two would fall into some briers . . . then came the subject of brer rabbit . . . and then the tar baby! LOL!


I know that spending time there this weekend--working, fishing, exploring--is making us anxious for the move. The house is coming along quickly; they are installing the siding and shake right now and the stone and brick should be next. On the inside, the rough plumbing is done and the electrical should be going in next. Our builder, Steve Harrison, is doing a wonderful job!

P.S. 'Click' the photos for the bigger picture!



3 comments:

ocean mommy said...

Looks great! I know you're ready to be in there! What a cool tree, maybe a tree house is in the future?!?

Carol said...

I love the pics of the boys in the tree. The would be a good b/w photo for the boys new room! Carol

Mrs. J said...

Just wanna drop by. I like the pics of the kids in the tree! Im kinda scared of heights though and haven't climbed a tree yet. Hmm, maybe I should try lol