Sunday, September 9, 2007

Anna Beth is off to school . . .

My little princess started preschool at A Child's World last Thursday--she will only be going half a day on Thursdays and Fridays. She has been so excited--choosing her backpack, who her new friends will be, what will she have for snack (she IS a Stokes afterall, lol), etc. Here are a few photos of her headed to her first day at school:




Anna Beth was SO excited--however, it was a tough, tough, tough day for me. Did I say it was a tough day? Sorry, but it was a TOUGH day. I think it just caught me by surprise when the tears started flowing on the ride back home. I had done this twice already with the boys (with just a few tears each time), so I felt like a pro. However, this time seemed a little worse . . . no one was going home with me. You see, each of the other times I had taken a little one off to preschool, there was always another little one going home with me who needed me to be a mommy. When you have been a mommy for almost 10 years, it really is an odd feeling when no one is there to need you.
**********
Anyhow, I counted the hours until I could pick her up, and needless to say, I was the FIRST mommy in the pick-up line! She had a wonderful time and enjoyed another great day on Friday. Friday was a little easier for me as well, although it was still tough. I know that it will get easier as I fill those few hours she is away with exercising/running, making decisions for the house we are building, and working in the boys' school. Hmm . . . might even be able to get my nails done without the little princess tagging along! Although I'm not sure--it just wouldn't be the same without you, Anna Beth. :-)

4 comments:

Amy Wyatt said...

Sounds like you guys are busy! Don't worry, it won't take you long to enjoy getting those nails done by yourself... better yet, call me and we'll go together.

Carol said...

Awww! She looked so cute! I'll let you borrow Faith if you get too lonely. LOL!

ocean mommy said...

She looks precious! I'm sure that you will find something to do with that time!

The Stokes Family said...

I know, I know--there is PLENTY to do and it is SUCH a short period of time to fill. I just miss having a little one around!