Sunday, April 5, 2009

Her VERY FIRST Soccer Game!


"Mom, I can't believe it! It's my VERY FIRST soccer game!" She was buckled in her booster seat, headed for her first game, and could hardly contain herself! For years, Anna Beth has watched the boys play baseball, soccer, basketball, football . . . and she has always insisted "I can't wait to have my own team; I need a team and a uniform, Mom". Well, the girl has a team, and she *LOVES* it!
Here are a few pictures of her in action during her first game. She scored three goals that first game and has consistently scored every game. The boys call her a 'ball hog'; lol, I never imagined that would by MY girl's nickname. Her best game was in rain and 42 degree weather when she scored seven of her team's eight goals. Afterwards, she insisted that soccer is "more funner in the rain".

And here she is AFTER the first game--napping on the back porch! She was full of adrenaline, but physically exhausted! We are praying that she continues to give this (and everything she does) her ALL . . .

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men!

No comments: