Sunday, June 1, 2008

Finish Strong!

Last year I ran the Dacula Memorial Day 5K with Ethan & my friend Carol from http://sheeptotheright.blogspot.com/--we loved it and planned to do it again this year. Of course, time was sneaking up on us and we kept delaying the registration as well as training. Finally, a few days before the race, we committed to do it--Me, Ethan AND Graham this year! To top is off, we only practice ONE DAY, so I was a little concerned!


Nevertheless, we talked about it, prayed about it (we needed lots of prayer!), and made the decision to finish strong in honor of all of the soldiers who have served and died for our freedom. Ethan ran with his buddy Connor (who also had not trained) and I ran with Graham (his first race!). It was tough, but we pushed through with only a few walks to catch our breath. We finished strong, two minutes quicker than last year! Of course, I'm not going to tell you what the time was since it wasn't anything to brag about, lol, but we finished! Ethan finished a little later, but again, he FINISHED! We had fun, but the aches and pains in the days afterward should be a good reminder to TRAIN next year!

Me & my boys!
Connor, Ethan, Ryan and Graham
Me with Carol--Girl, we've got A LOT of work to do
before the Peachtree Road Race next month!

1 comment:

DeAnna said...

I'm so proud of all of you!!!! I think it is awesome to run as a family. Maybe in the years to come you can get Kip and Anna Beth to join in.